Fever & Throat infection
Hi..
My daughter is near 2 years old just started walking after physiotherapy treatment. Her each and every mile stones was very late from normal. Now she is having fever (103 degree) and throat infection for last couple of days. We consult a doctor on this Monday and she found a throat infection and prescribed Amoxilin and potassium clavulanate oral suspension (3.5 ml X 8 hours interval) for 3 days.Medicine started very same day noon and still continuing. But fever is continuing and also sometimes she has been vomiting and loosmotion. We again consulted Doctor yesterday and she adviced to continue medicine for another 2 days.Today  also she have fever,lossmotion and tired.We are confused.Kindly help..
Was a throat culture or swab done? If the throat infection was diagnosed from a visual inspection alone it was likely a viral infection and not bacterial. A virus will not get better with antibiotics, it just has to run its course. Control the fever with tylenol and motrin and give it time. Virus's are exhausing and make you lethargic, this is likely what is causing her "loss of motion". I see you posted this days ago, she should be better by now, is she?
Thanks for response.Now she is ok.After her blood test,identified that her ESR was 70.She admitted hospital for couple of days and now she is perfectly alright.Yesterday we met doctor again and advice to stop all her medicine and to check her ESR lever after two weeks.Thanks once again.