Fifths disease and developmental delays
Just recently found out that my son contracted Fifths Disease last year when he was 16 months, he had the weird spider web looking rash on his arms & legs when in the sun. Right around that time he started to have alot of developmental delays/problems all of a sudden and did a complete 360. He had speech regression and lost all the words he knew and stoped babbling, behavioral problems- tantrums screaming for no reason, lost interest in foods he liked, sleeping problems, and also developed hyper sensitive gag reflex. Hes never been sick, no medical problems besides contracting Fifths nor had anything traumatic happen in his life.

I was wondering if Fifths can cause developmental delays or problems in young children?

He gets very red cheeks, arms & legs when he gets hot or in the sun. He looks like hes overheating. Which I know is normal for Fifths. Hes also deleloped rashes behind his knees, under armpits, & on his thighs ever since its been warming up. The rashes get alot worse when he get hot or is out in the heat/sun and I cant get them to go away. Hes had the rashes for 4 months now.

Is this normal for Fifths Disease?
Rarely does fifths disease have any complications associated with it. The virus wouldn't cause these types of problems, though it can cause a weakened immune system which might leave him susceptible to getting another infection on top of the one he has now. Though because of how long this has gone on, I would think he has something else other than fifths disease. I would take him to another pediatrician for a second opinion. good luck!