Gifted 8yrOld + repetitive behaviors (blinking the eyes)
Please help!  About 2 years, I noticed that my son was still sniffing a month after his allergy meds had kicked in. Soon thereafter, he developed this thing with clearing his throat.  After the throat thing, he started rapidly blinking his eyes.  I took him to the doctor, and she suggested I wait a few weeks and take him to a neurologist if need be. She did mention the possiblity of Terrets Syndrome. I can't tell you how the idea of my baby haveing Terrets frightens me. The symptoms seemed to have faded.  I thought perhaps he had simply developed a habit. He went back to school this past September, and the blinking has started again.  

Today while talking to a co-worker (Special-Ed Teacher), I noticed that one of her students could not stop blinking.  When I asked her about it, she informed me that this particular high achieving student, was autistic and has several repetitive behaviors like blinking.
Is autism possible in a gifted and talented child who has gotten no more than 4 wrong on any one standardize test?  What should I do?