Pediatrics Community
HELP!!!!!!!!! 7 month old teething

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

HELP!!!!!!!!! 7 month old teething

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what may help my 7 month old with her teething problems!!!

I have tried teething tablets, teething rings, teething cookies, baby Orajel, fozen washcloths, even infant tylenol drops but nothing seems to help. She loves rubbing our finger across her top gums. She has already gotten 2 teeth on the botom but they never seemed to bother her.

Poor baby can't sleep for it, we have gotten up the last 2 mornings at 4am and she has done nothing but cry and it breaks my heart. i just wanna cry with her but i know thats not gonna help!!! any suggestions someone may have that i haven't tried would be greatly appriciated!!!!!
Hi there.  It sounds like what I just went through with my son.  He got his first two bottom teeth without a problem, but when those two top teeth started coming in, it was a nightmare.  I tried everything too, but nothing helped.  He would wake up every 2 to 3 hours screaming at the top of his lungs.  It broke my heart too.  He was constantly biting my shoulder when I'd hold him, so I know he was in a lot of pain. His gums also got extremely swollen and actually looked extremely blistered, even a little infected looking...it was really weird. Now that the teeth have finally poked through the gums (and I say finally because it took about two months for them to finally poke through), he is sleeping ok again.  While we were going through this, my pedi told me to give him Motrin before bed because it lasts longer than Tylenol (8 hrs versus 4 hrs), and it's also an anti-inflammatory so it will reduce swelling.  It didn't really help us too much, but I think he was an extreme case with the swelling and blistering being so bad.  Maybe Motrin will help you...sounds like you've tried just about everything else I would have suggested.  All I can say is just keep doing what you are doing and comfort her as much as possible.  I certainly know how hard this is for both of you. Best of luck to you.  
A homeopathic teething tablet made by Hyland's works wonders with my 7 month old.   I found them in the organic section at my local Rosauers.  
My little guy is a horrible teether!  We have experienced quite the similar to your family with the teething.  We also tried teething tablets, and tylenol.  I didn't find that they helped much either.  A cool washcloth (not frozen) and Motrin worked the best for us.  Also he was nursed and that seemed to settle him a bit too.  I remember many long nights with him (not too long ago) where the teething just was miserable for him.  He is currently teething, cutting his molars, and it has gotten much better with age.  I think the initial first teeth are the hardest for them.  Luckily teething doesn't last forever, and it's just something as parents we have to deal with.  (and them too, of course.)  I know as a parent you want to do anything for your child to make them comfortable, and I myself tried many different home remedies.  Soo...Motrin and a cool washcloth, try that!  =)  Good Luck!
I have a 7 month old teething as well and it is a nightmare! I can not get him to take motrin. He spits it out and I've tried every way I know to get him to take it I can't seem to get it down. Any ideas?
im sure there will be objections to this but ultimately its ur decision. i have always found that dipping ur finger in alcohol and rubbing it on the gums helps. it has to be something strong like whiskey. and obviously dont do a lot, just dip ur finger in it.