Pediatrics Community
Healed Herniated belly button turning purple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My daughter is now 4 months old, she had a herniated belly button that didn't seem to cause her pain. She dosnt like to be held by anyone except me. She is very gassy and has a hard time getting it out. She will burp after a feed and then wiggle like she has more but nothing comes out. after an hr or so she will start to spit up theres alot of saliva and a bit of milk or it is thick cottage cheesey. She usually always crys after she burps and always after she passes gas. Now her belly button is healed and starting to darken on the bottom inside. First it was a light brown and has started to get more purple almost black. She has been alot fussier and screamed out when I touched her tummy or when she has too much pressure on it from me holding her. She will only sleep on her tummy and lately she hasn't been sleeping very much or for very long. She only poops every 3 to 4 days but her tummy isn't hard. I have been trying oval before every feed and it is not improving, it dosn't seem to be helping at all. Gripe water works for a bit but if I lay her down she wakes up. I was wondering if this is normal behavior or if it could be more serious. Also She has been chewing her fingers all day so I think she might be starting to teeth

Sounds like it maybe some refulx I think she may be young to be teething, could be some constipation going on, if she is bottle fed its possible the formula is upsetting her and you may need tocahnge it .With other symptoms you have said to us here I would have her checked out just to be sure whats going on,Good Luck, let us know how she is doing ..