Pediatrics Community
Heart palpitations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Heart palpitations

my daughter is 12 years old and her first period was in December.  Every month right before her cycle she has palpitations this last for about 5 days?  Should I bring her to a heart doctor?
It could be caused by some anxiety at having her period especially as she has only just started them, I suspect as time goes by she will get used to it, is she on any meds as sometimes they do have side effects like palpitations.If you are concerned it wont hurt and will put your mind at rest to have her checked out at your Doctor ..Good Luck  
Thank you for your reply.  She is not on any meds.  Im not sure if its anxiety because when she was younger it happen and I brought her to the dr and its horrible but I don't remember what they said.  The dr did send us the a heart monitor but I could never get it to work then a week later Katrina hit we evacuated.  The heart palpitations stopped after so I never did follow up.  I am going to bring her to a heart doctor to see if they can put a heart monitor on her during that time of the month.  
that sounds like a good idea and it will set your mind at rest, its okay to not remember just take her back and have another test done ,has she any other symptoms , what does she feel when the palpitations start, does it happen at school and home ?