Pediatrics Community
Heartburn in 4 year old?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Heartburn in 4 year old?

My son has had a fever for two days now.  The only other symptom he complains of is heartburn.  

He said, "Mom, I have heartburn."  When I ask him to show me where it hurts, he circles around his heart.  When I ask him if the sternum hurts (just pointing in that area) he said NO.

Is this heartburn he's experiencing, or is a heart problem?  We do have Heart Palpitations in our family through my Mother's side but I wasn't until 12 years old when it started for me.  They diagnosed it as Angina.  

I don't know if it would cause a fever though.  That's usually related to some infection.  

Thanks in advance for your help-
Brandi  
If it were me I would take him to the doctor. No, you likely won't get him there during an episode. However, when he hears heartburn he probably thinks that the heart is actually hurting like it is on fire not what heartburn actually is. Since he is pointing to his heart I would be worried.