Pediatrics Community
Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) help

Has any one had experience with Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)? My 6 year old has had it for over 6 weeks now. The first 3 weeks were the worst. The except for a few spots the rash has been mostly gone for a few weeks now, but he continues to experience periodic stomache and joint pain. Recently, he has been complaining of pain or "wierd feeling" in his throat in the evenings and middle of the night. His throat looks ok to me with no spots or anything. He has been running a constant low to moderate fever for the past 6 weeks or so. The past two nights it has been so bad he has been wailing and crying. I gave him ibuprofen and he seems fine in the morning. I am wondering if this could related to the HSP? I have not read anything about it affecting the throat. Over the past few weeks he has also had a lot of bloody noses. I am thinking this is from the vasculitis too. I am not sure if I should worry about the throat thing (we've been to the doctor so much lately). How much longer this will last?