Pediatrics Community
Hydrocortisone Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Hydrocortisone Question

My baby has had eczema and the doctor prescribed Hydrocortisone cream 0.5%.  Some of the areas on her face got rubbed raw and inflamed, so for those areas he prescribed Fucidin H which is Fucidic acid an antibiotic and Hydrocortisone combined.  He said I could use it on broken skin and longer than a week, which contradicted the information that came with the drugs.  I used it for 8 weeks and then gave up since it made no difference.  Now that some of the broken skin is healing I notice reddened patches, thin spidery veins, and very sensitive skin in the areas that got the Fucidin H, just like the warnings said.  Why was I told to use it anyway, and will the redness and spidery veins go away eventually?