Immediate Term Memory Loss in my 8 year old
My daughter is an energetic, fun, 8 year old. She is average academically, tending to walk the middle line at school.  She has always been moody..never likes to be woken up, and takes it very personally when she is told off, but most often she is a joy to be around. She is very organized, unlike her ten year old sister who is an ‘A’ student but would forget to dress if I didn’t remind her in the morning!  Whenever we travel our older daughter thinks only to take her latest novel, while our younger packs for them both, thinking of every eventuality. I can ask her to remind me to do things and she always remembers. Recently however, I noticed she asks the same questions over and over, and seems to have trouble registering or retaining the answer. This doesn’t seem to be a mid or longer term memory issue as she recalls what she has learned at school or what she did yesterday.
She will ask me “what’s for dinner” or “when are we going to ballet” or “when’s daddy coming home”,  I will answer, and over a span of 2 or 3 minutes she will ask me again 2 or 3 times. I know there’s a lot going on in the head of a busy 8 year old, but recently it seems to be getting worse.  
After I put her to bed last night she called me to come and look at something stuck in the fur of her favourite stuffed toy. She handed it to me and as I was examining it not 18 inches from her face, she called out in panic “where’s Benji!”. I said “I have him” and she looked at me, at him, and I could tell that she didn’t know how he came to be there. Then she must have noticed the concern on my face because she burst out laughing and said “there he is!”. Then this morning we were standing in the bathroom, I was brushing her hair and I asked, as I do every morning, “have you washed your face?”.. and she said “I can’t remember, so I’ll do it again”.
Am I overreacting, worrying over nothing, or do these lapses in memory sound at all unusual?
A related discussion, Marginally high uric acid in 12 year old was started.