Infant
Hi. My baby is 4 weeks old and has chocking issues while bottle feeding or when just laying on her back in her crib. I am brestfeeding too, but when supplementing, through the end of the bottle, she becomes sleepy and I think she forgets to swallow, resulting in chocking. Sometimes when she is on her back in her crib, she just chocked with her own saliva. What can I do to help her? And most importantly, what is the best position to hold her in those few seconds when she chokes?? Thank you very much.

This discussion is related to Newborn mouth chattering .
Oh, that is very scary.  I don't  know where you live but what I would do is ask your doctor for a referrel to a speech pathologist or speech therapist as they work with baby feeding issues.  

My son had great difficulty swallowing in that he'd gag when he was starting baby food.  He didn't really do it on milk (breast or formula) that I noticed but did on baby food (the kind wtih no chunks even).  He has some motor planning issues and his mouth muscles/throat muscles weren't getting the right signal to swallow.  That is just his case and not meant to scare you.  They can really do amazing things to help our kids hon.

so, I'd call your doc and try to see if you can go to a speech therapist to address feeding issues.  

I'd be inclined to hold my baby upright with a burp cloth under me if that happened.  

good luck and keep in touch