Pediatrics Community
Inguinal Hernia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Inguinal Hernia

Hi, I just want to ask about my son's inguinal hernia. When I gave birth to my child there's no signs of inguinal hernia. Few months later Ive noticed a small lump  above his penis, then few months after it goes down to his testicles. We consulted our doctor and he said it's inguinal hernia. What is the best way to cure this??

Thanks u and hope to hear from you.
My son had the same thing. He was born premature at 26 weeks; stayed in the NICU for 2 months. Like a month after they released him, I took him for a check up, and the doctors told me he had 2 lumps; that he had 2 hernias and had to have surgery in order to remove them. I of course was really scared!!!!  But, luckily, everything went well. You can hardly notice he had the surgery now.
  Hope my comment helps you, and good luck with whatever you decide to do.