Pediatrics Community
Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Injury

My 21 month old daughter fell down from 1st floor while playing .Though there was a cemented ledge in between .we did not see her fall and only came to know when she cried from below.she was standing and crying .There were bruises on her forehead, cheek and leg(ankle area) bruises were more of scratches and did not bleed .we rushed to the hospital and the doctor said to observe her for at least 4-5 hrs and in case of Vomiting,Unconsciousness we should contact him .He prescribed IBugelsic 5mg .She was normal and slept well .Yesterday we took another opinion from another pediatrician and he said that the fall was not serious and my daughter seems healthy to him .He recommended Calpol 1 teaspoon 3 times a day to her for 3 days.
Its 50 Hrs now since the incidence and she  is behaving fine.
my Query to you is :
1.  Do I have to do anything extra/special in this case?
2.  I have herd of internal Blood clots that may sometimes surface after few days/months/years and cause some problems .Is it true and if yes what can be done to avoid/prevent any such eventuality?
3.  Some relative of mine suggested me to give her a grain size shillajeet to dissolve any clotting if it is there,Is it suggestive?

thank you for your time and reply....
When some relative suggests things, always run them by the doctor.

I think the kind of worry about blood clots after an injury is more specific to older people (i.e., adults) who have plaque in their arteries, and an accident shakes some of it loose.  However, run the question by your doctor.  

I think I have answered this ...I would definately share your concerns with the doctor who will tell you if they are valid and what to do ...good luck
thank you very much...she is fine now...