Pediatrics Community
Is arimidex safe for teen boys
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is arimidex safe for teen boys

My son will be 15 years old next week. His pediatrician feels he should be further along in puberty (he's stage 2). He is 5'7 and weighs 180lbs. After seeing an endocrinologist who ran all types of blood work which came back normal with the exception of his estrogen level a bit higher then normal and had an X-ray of his hand which showed bones of a 13 half to 14 half yr old (I was told was good ) want to give my son arimidex. My question is......is this safe for teen boys. I read its not FDA approved for children.

This discussion is related to Teenager growth height.
Tags: arimidex
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1413656274
What does the endocrinologist say, is he prepared to prescribe the arimidex?
Blank
The endocrinologist wants to put him on that. I'm reading side effects and I don't feel comfortable giving it to him. I am going for second opinion. Just wanted to see if any other parents had experience with this drug.
Blank
535822_tn?1413656274
we have a had a few posts about bone age on here but none asking about arimidex
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity