Is it ok to be near the baby with a sore throat?
Last night, I was with my sister at the hospital when she was in labor.

While there, I started to feel some soreness in the left upper side of my throat, kind of where the nasal cavity and throat intersect. I thought it might be the air conditioner, the fact that I was tired and my paranoia about hospitals. I eventually decided to go get a mask and put it on before I started talking and got a up close look of the baby. I didn't hold her or touch much of anything in the room.

But I woke up today and it seems I actually do have a mild sore throat. I don't really have any other symptoms though. I've had a very very mild dry cough (which isn't frequent) and sense of phlem in the very back of my throat which I've had for three weeks now and isn't really unusual as I am mildly allergic to the dust around here, but I don't think the allergies are related to the sore throat or I'd have a sore throat more often.

I don't have sneezing or a runny nose or anything.

Is it safe for me to be in the same room as the baby if I wear a mask and don't hold her?