Maple Syrup smell NOT in Urin
I have a 22 month old baby girl who has developed a maple syrup smell within the last 4 -  6 weeks.  At first, I thought it was my imagination or the smell of oatmeal lingering from breakfast.  But it has continued and has be confirmed by a few other people - they also smell this on her.  It is NOT in her urine - just on her.  She is otherwise healthy, thriving and growing well.  She eats well, sleeps well and is very active.  The only other thing that is a bit "odd" is the color of her feces.  Over the last week, the color is a blue-green and fairly "bright".  It almost seems she ate a crayon or something, but that is not the case.  Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi, My 17 month old son has also exhibited a maple syrup smell, but like your daughter, it seems to be on him, not from his urine.  I have seen all sorts of articles on Maple Syrup Urine disease, but not much on his situation.  I have noticed it about a half a dozen times of the course of maybe the last 6 or 8 months.  Have you found out anything about your daughter?  Hopefully she is doing fine!
What kind of diapers do you use?