Pediatrics Community
Mother attend son`s physical exam.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Mother attend son`s physical exam.

Every mother has indisputable reason to be concerned about how her teen age child of either gender is developing. In most societies and in the nature the mother is responsible for the mental and physical development of her offspring (motherhood) and ought to have knowledge of child’s hygiene, health and stage of physical development on first hand. But with the growing up and reach puberty the opportunity of mother to update her impression about that so delicate matter fall out quite rare, especially after stop bath him at certain age. As a single mother I raise my son alone and willingly take the opportunity, given me of the medical office policy to attend as parent his physical exams and to witness the examination. At 11 ½ my son isn`t to old yet and don`t set his face against but difficulties are liable to occur in the near future.
it's fine now, but in the future I think you need to give him his privacy. if he asks, step back and give him that privacy.
On this subject I go along with my Pediatricians advice, he prefers that I stay in the room with all my children, 2girls 15 and 13 and my son whos 12. At least till their about 16. Then give them the option if they want mom in the room or not. I recently took all three of them to the Doctor for their yearly exams. I was indeed present at all of them.
I am an older guy now, I was a single parent and raised a daughter. She is now 24yrs old, she and her husband are nurses. I was raised and brought up to be real modest.  I was sexually abused by my mother, my annt who is only 3yrs older than me, and my cousin who is same age as mother until I was 13yrs old. nobody in my family knew about this until years later. My mother and dad divorced shortly after my 13th bd, and I went to live with my paternal grandparents. My grandmother and I were very close, she was always a special lady to me, and she to was a nurse. In my teen years the last thing in world I wanted was a woman or any female for that matter to see me naked. I never went to a female doctor. My doctor was family physicain, was just he and I. My dad or grandftahter would go with me and never during my teen years did a woman see me naked. My grandmother was very open to me and I could talk to her about anything even sex and girls. But, my grandmother always respected my modesty she knew I was embarrrased teen, and she respected me. I went through group physicals during high school, at our school there were no women present during exam, was male doctors and nurses, coaches and dads only no women allowed, not even our school nurse was there. I was grateful, just us guys no problems. About my sexual abuse, I never had relationship with my mother or her side of family ever. I attended her funeral in 1995. I had spinal cord surgery few years back and I did ask my grandmother to be present during the pre op exam, but it was me who invited her in the room, I was 34yrs old then. As for my daughter I respected her dignity and modesty, my grandmother went with her to her doctors exam and they would fill  me in on what was done during her exam. My daughter and I are still very close and have always been on on boys, sex and health. My daughter isnt all that modesty anymore, she is nurse, she and her husband had twins a boy and girl and my daughter asked me to attend the birth of my two grandchildren, I was honard, and was the most beautiful event I have ever seen. I always have respect for women and and modesty issues. As for you ladies teenage boys, if you have to be in the room, at least turn your head if he is unconfortable with you present, please? I know some boys and girls dont care if mom or dad sees them, and that is fine. But, for alot its the modesty issue he is young man in his genital area, and doesnt want mom to see. I talk to fathers who have daughters and daughters are perfectly comfortable with dad in room also, but mostly because mom is eather not involved in their lives or isnt able to attend and a parent has to be in room. But when it comes to their intimate exam, they to turn their heads. I want to say if teen boy or girl are embarrast with mom or dad present, it could possible ruin a parents relationship with their children later on in life. I know personally an adult son who was forced to have his mother present during teens. He as an adult doesnt have anything todo with his mother, and wont allow her to see her grandchildren by her son and daughter in law. I know it has hurt his mother because of it, she wishes she could change what she did to him as a teenage boy and wished now she wasnt in the exam room. She now blames the pediatricain who insisted on her being present. thanks P:S Please, excuse grammer and spelling?