Pediatrics Community
My 15 month old won't eat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My 15 month old won't eat

My 15 old month baby won't open his mouth to eat, I'm very desperate, I know I hear alot that he'll eat when he's hungry, but the weeks pass by and he won't eat, he takes like 15 oz of formula a day, so I don't think that's enough nutrition, please HELP!!!, His pediatrician say that he is fine on his weigh and his height but he only weighs 19 pounds and he's 30 inches, Does anybody has the same problem?, He won't put any kind of food in his mouth. Thank you so much.

He was on Neocate for almost 7 months because he had food allergies but not anymore and he is now on soy formula

A very desperate mom
Tags: food
hi there, if you are concern with his weight , then have his peditrician referred you to a GI. my daughter was the same until her now GI recommend a medical food call DUOCAL to try, it was great. you can add to milk, water, juice or what ever they are eating, no bad taste. it add calories and help them gain weight. I tried it my daughter since gain 10 1/2 lbs since , she is now 28 lbs. it is a little pricy and you can only buy it online, but it is worth the try, it work for my daughter.
My daughter is nearly 16 months & has started to refuse food for the past couple of weeks. She'll eat breakfast - no problems, but will not eat her lunch or tea, unless I give her fruit & vegetables. She has lost weight & now only weighs 22lb which my health visitor says is fine. I'm really worried though as it's just not like her & am at a loss with what to do next.

Help