Pediatrics Community
My 4 month old boy suspect hirschsprung disease. please hlep!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 4 month old boy suspect hirschsprung disease. please hlep!

my son does not poop when he was 3 weeks old. now he was 4 month old. still now he does not poop. we done a x-ray. x-ray report suspect hirschprung disease. now dr tell to do biopsy. i am too much wooried about this.

x-ray report says –
CONTRAST ENEMA
large gut is outlined by contrast up to cecum without any obstruction or hold up any where.
no evidence of any filling defect noted.
there is dilatation of vesible colon, minimal coining at terminal end of rectum without narrowing at recto sigmoid junction.
small amount of contest seen at rectum after 24 hours film.
findings are suggestive of magacolon suspected of early manifestation of hirschprung disease.

please tell me is he has HD? I don’t want to do surgery my little boy. I’m too scared. Does here any alternatives of surgery if he has HD?
My son was premature baby. At 34 weeks pregnancy. His birth weight is 2 kg. now he is 5.5 kg in his 4 month old. First 3 month weight increased 1 kg per month. Now his growth become slow. Last 1 week he refused to eat. Become weak day by day. After birth 2 month he has huge gas problem. Now gas problem sloved. He does not vomiting first 3 month last 2 weeks he start vomiting sometimes. His belly is swollen first 2 month now his belly is not swollen. We use suppository. He has taken milk of magnesia for 2 month. After eating milk of magnesia he poop by himself after 2 or 3days. Sometimes his poop is normal sometimes hard after eating milk of magnesia.

Is his symptoms suspect HD?

If surgery is must how much time will take to recover him? What is the future of HD patient?
134578_tn?1404951303
I really think it sounds like the doctors are doing a good and careful job.  Please try not to be afraid, and try to be guided by their counsel.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...