Pediatrics Community
My 4 year old needs your help please.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

I have a 4 y/o boy who has had a rush from his anus to the beginning of his sack, and has had it for almost 9 months. I have had him to the pediatrician about 6 or 7 times, dermatologist about 5 times, and the allergist. I have been told its eczema, psoriasis, yeast infection, and impetigo. He has been on every cream possible about 7 different creams and also a oral steroid as well amoxocillian. Any advice on what I should do now. He doesn't complain of itching but cries quite often of it hurting. I don't know what else to do... Please help me.
It sounds like an allergy ..what material is his underwear, cotton is the best thing for him to wear, when he bathes does he use soap that he maybe allergic too..Do you wash his underwear in a detergent he maybe allergic to ...try the free and clear type .Does the rash Itch, irritate  to a child hurting is the same thing, calamine lotion is good and soothing , use cotton wool to put it on .What does the rash look like has it raised bumps like hives ?
I took him to the allergist thinking maybe it was some sort of allergy, he had an allergy test done and nothing. I have not changed anything. I have used the same laundry soap since he was a baby, no new body wash or shampoo...and he is completely potty trained, no pull up at night. Whatever this is it will start to look like its going to go away and then all of sudden it gets really red and bumpy and there are little circles everywhere and some are raised and some aren't. At its worst point it looked like blisters or something. I just don't know what else to do, or where to take him. He has started to hold it when he has to poop because it hurts to touch it so when I go to wipe him he is freaking out and crying. Sometimes there's a little blood when you wipe him. Sorry to be so long and detailed but I am looking for any kind of advice on what to do now. Because I feel like these docs just dismiss me anymore.
The rings you describe maybe ringworm unless its hives which in my opinion would indicate allergy rash , ring worm is very treatable ask the doctor if it could be that he will have to prescribe if it is .Detail is good so dont concern about that ,I can understand you worrying. .Perhaps another opinion from a doctor would be good ,does he eat and drink well, does he feel okay ?.One other idea what kind of bathroom tissue are you wiping him with, it could be that change to a different soft paper or none perfumed wet wipe and see if that makes a difference..good luck let us know how he is getting on ..