Pediatrics Community
My baby girl has gastroschisis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My baby girl has gastroschisis

i am 21wks pregnant and my baby girl has gastroschisis. i was wondering if there was anything i could do now to stabilize it or even make it better?
Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do for your little girl at the minute. The best thing you can do is do a bit of research on the condition (but don't get obsessed with it), and prepare yourself for the fact that your little girl will need surgery soon after birth. I know that's going to be a difficult time for you, but the surgery is usually very successful. For now, you need to keep yourself well, make sure you attend any appointments you have scheduled for further ultrasounds, or check ups with your obstetrician. Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you. x