Pediatrics Community
My four year old is sick...Flu?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My four year old is sick...Flu?

One of my 4 year old twins has come down with some sort of illness and I am wondering if it could be the flu. All of the symptoms started suddenly last night and have become worse today. He is very lethargic, just lays around all day. He is complaining of his stomach hurting and has went to the potty to vomit a couple times, but either nothing comes up or just a small amount of white foamy stuff. He hasn't eaten anything all day and he also refuses to drink. He hasn't urinated all day, and that is no exaggeration, not once since sometime in the middle of the night last night. He does have a bit of a cough, but it isn't severe. He also has a stuffy nose. His axillary temperature is 103.3 and is not brought down by Tylenol. He has complained of body aches, however the Tylenol must have helped with that as he has not complained of it much since I gave him the medication. He also has mentioned that his throat is a little sore, but doesn't seem bothered by it much. It does not seem like a stomach bug. The nausea seems to be secondary or a symptom of another illness. I don't know how to describe it, it just doesn't seem at all like any stomach bug any of my kids have ever had before. I wonder if it could be the flu or something that I should not continue to try to treat at home. Should these symptoms prompt a visit to the ER or should I just wait it out over the weekend? (The doctor's office is closed today)
i would never wait if you are concerned then take him to the er,he could have a water infection,which can cause high temps and the need to not eat,are his eyes watery
Make sure he is getting water, dehydration will cause the symptoms you descibe and ye take him to the Doctor to get it checked out good Luck