Pediatrics Community
My son has several different types of spasms...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My son has two different types of spasms. The spasms seem to come on when he is excited about something. Also when he is excited I notice he holds his arms in the air and kind of rolls his wrist and flaps his hands around. Strange hu??? Anyway getting back to the spasms sometimes he kind of opens his mouth and turns his head to the right and down towards his collarbone. That's one Type of spasm the other Is he blinks his eyes for a minute and then arches his back becoming very rigid and kind of stiffens his arms and clinches his fist. Most of the times the spasms are taking place  during eating time but he still does it just out of the blue and mostly also when he's excited. We had EEG and it came back normal no seizures. So I'm just curious if any of you parents out there have had this activity in your child and have found out exactly what's causing the spasms we thought maybe it was Gerd and the doctor put him on a proton pump inhibitor Prevacid and it actually seem to make the seizures go away for a short period time but now they're coming back even worse so I don't know what the heck to do.....
I would take him back to the doctor for more tests , does he get Gerd, acid reflux symptoms?