Pediatrics Community
Night time vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Night time vomiting

My 4 year old son is vomiting, but only at night. One night vomit at midnight, next night dry heaves again 'round midnight, next night vomit again but much earlier about 1 hour after being put to bed. He eats normal quantities of food during the day but is self limiting to water and cracker types of food and refuses dinner. Also he bounces around the house all day as though everyting is fine. What is going on?
We just adopted an 18 month old girl.  The visitation started 2 weeks ago in the foster home.  For the past week only we have had visitation in our home without the foster parents.  Since this began she has been vomiting through the night at the foster home.  She has been with us for only 2 nights and has vomited both nights. During the day she is a very happy girl, energy is excellent, appetite is fantastic.  Could this be the stress of the adoption?  I find it strange that her stomach contents are not digested.  I could see the cucumber, peppers and grapes from 5 hours earlier?   I am concerned we are feeding her food she is not used to. The foster mother says she east everything with her? Also today whether this is related or not....her lips turned blue after breakfast and her hands were like ice cubes. They went back to normal after about 10 minutes??  I am very concerned and will call my family doctor first thin Monday morning.
My 12 month old daughter did the same thing for 6 days... only vomited at night. Was fine during the day. The only difference was that she had been on antibiotics. Not sure if that is why, but we started her on Florastore- a probiotic powder you can buy at the drug store that replenishes healthy bacteria in the digestive tract. She stopped vomiting the day we started giving it to her. Hope that helps!