Pectus Excavatum In My 6 month Old
I took my son Antoine to the doctor today for his 6 month well check. The doctor checks him out, says he's doing great. He leaves the room and comes back 5 minutes later with a referral to a Pediatric Pulmonologist. He thinks Antoine has pectus excavatum. Meaning his chest sinks in when he breathes and it could cause breathing problems, it could keep him from playing sports, etc. My thing is...why hasn't the doctor said anything about this before? It's been that way since he was born. I was looking online about the tests that would be done when he goes to the pulmonary specialist but I haven't been able to find anything. Can anyone tell me what tests a baby has to have in order to be diagnosed? I'm extremely worried and stressed about it.
pectus ecavatum can be diagnosed just by looking at a person's chest. A chest x-ray can also be used.