Pediatrics Community
Pediatrics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Pediatrics

My 12 year old son has been living with right abdominal pain for over a year now.   Weekly he complains of pain on his side sometimes the pain is more intense then others.  He has had every test done CT, Ultrasound, X-rays and all blood work.  Everything has come out normal but he has been admitted over 4 times in his life for the pain.  Sometimes it's associated with high fever and sever vomiting. This last time was different where the only symptom was the abdominal pain it was so bad for him he was unable to walk.  He has had an upper endoscopy and lower colonoscopy.  I feel helpless when he is in such pain because everything has come out good but  I can do nothing to relieve him of his discomfort. It's been so long with this and frustrating .
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's condition.......As a junior resident, currently working in India, with the given history about your son's condition, I am on the impression that your son may be suffering from a liver disease. Acute cholecystitis presents with the triad of abdominal pain, vomiting and fever....So I advise you to contact your family physician to give this a little thought and to bring some peace and happiness in your son's life as soon as possible.....I wil be eagerly waiting for your reply.