Pediatrics Community
Pigeon Chest and Marfan syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Pigeon Chest and Marfan syndrome

My 19 month old daughter has a pigeon chest, according to her doctor, and is very tall for her age.  The doctor told me that she has Marfan syndrome and I was wondering if this is true.  Could she have pigeon chest and not have Marfan syndrome?  Thank you for your time and assistance with my question.
Not everyone with a pigeon chest has Marfan Syndrome, though it is a characteristic of the condition. Marfan's Syndrome is very rare. Here you can look at the specific characteristics of the condition.. http://www. medicinenet .com/marfan_syndrome/article.htm
If she truly does have it have you had her heart checked out.I know that can have serious consequenses with marfan syndrome. Just a thought. Maybe you could ask for the testing to be done to be sure.