Pediatrics Community
Pubic hair in small children.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Pubic hair in small children.

Last night my four year old told me she had year on her private.  So when i was giving her a bath this morning she was right she has two small hairs.  Why is that i am freacking out.
my  daughter started getting body hair at  a  very  early age( first noticed when  she was around 4-5yrs old),she is also very tall  for her age,  she  is now 10 yrs  old and  over 5ft 8inches and  a ladies uk 9 in  shoes. They first thought she  had  precocious  puberty, but tests say not,so are going to  see her again in  6 months and possibly send  her to  a genetics doctor about a possible diagnosis of Gigantism!!! (hope that is right). my advise to  you avonna would be to  sit  back  and  monitor the changes going  on  and  if you  think your daughters  development  seems abnormally  fast,  there  is no harm in taking  her for a check  up  with  the doctor. hope this  helps