Pediatrics Community
Right Foot INverted, new development

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Right Foot INverted, new development

I am not sure where this question really should be, so I thought I would try here.  I have an 18 month old son, he has been walking since he was 9 months old.  He has never had any issues with it and has been developing quickly and greatly .  The issue we are having now is that he has started turning his right foot inward when walking or running.  It is slight, but enough to notice.  I am just wondering if this could be a sign of something more dangerous starting, or if it is just a phase that he is going through.  Any information that I can get would be helpful.  Thank you.
Tags: troubled
hi there, maybe you should have your peditrician referred you to a pediatric orthopedic just to put your mind at ease.It might not be a big of a deal , then again he can check to see if there is a hip tightness that cause the feet to turn inward. my daughter has this problem and she is using cable wire braces to correct it and it works .