Pediatrics Community
Right eye wont move left

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Right eye wont move left

My Infant left eye wont move left it will move every other direction but left it wont. What should i do?
Have you mentioned this to the pediatrician?
This could be Duane syndrome. I know it sounds scary, but it's not! I was diagnosed with this when I was young. It was explained to be as a muscle weakness in the eye. You can google it to get more info, but other than my left eye not moving left and needing glasses I am healthy and this has not affected me in any way really. In school if I would look over my left shoulder other kids sometimes asked me if I crossed my eyes but it wasn't bullying just unrest I guess. :) Also, my boyfriends little girl was having the same issues (she is from a previous relationship) and because they caught it so early you can barely tell there is a problem! My best advice is to help your baby exercise those eye muscles! This really helped for my boyfriends little girl she was 2 when they started and is now 7. Just use your hands or a toy or something that entreats your baby and move it in each direction, up, down, right and left. Do this a few times a day! Even if you don't see major movement, it will more than likely help. When I try moving my eye I can still feel the muscles working, they just aren't strong enough to actually move my eye left. But I believe that if this was diagnosed earlier and someone helped me, I would have much more movement in my eye! I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask! PS. Let your pediatrician know about this also, just to rule out any other possible causes, but I really think that everything is just fine! Good luck!
I meant intrest, not unrest. Sorry!