Pediatrics Community
Sharp pain near my right side hip bone.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Sharp pain near my right side hip bone.

I have had a sharp pain every night now for about a week, on the right side next to my hip bone. It doesn't usually affect me during the day, but when I'm lying down, or just sitting for a semi-long period of time it starts to hurt again. Two or so days ago, it hurt for quite a while, during the day. I believe it was just after walking for around ten-fifteen minutes which also addresses the problem below.

I'm not sure if it has to do with this pain - but every time I walk for longer than five minutes I have an aching pain right in the middle of my rib cage. It's like a cramp, but it hurts more and feels like there are needles poking into me. The pain/cramp doesn't appear unless I'm walking, and after I stop it goes away in usually about ten minutes; sometimes more, sometimes less.

I don't know what's wrong, and I'd like to be a little educated before I speak to my doctor, or if I should bother.
Appendicitis comes to mind ,the other pain you mention could be a gall bladder problem and possibly the two are connected . In my opinion it would be best to see your doctor..god luck