Sharp pain near my right side hip bone.
I have had a sharp pain every night now for about a week, on the right side next to my hip bone. It doesn't usually affect me during the day, but when I'm lying down, or just sitting for a semi-long period of time it starts to hurt again. Two or so days ago, it hurt for quite a while, during the day. I believe it was just after walking for around ten-fifteen minutes which also addresses the problem below.

I'm not sure if it has to do with this pain - but every time I walk for longer than five minutes I have an aching pain right in the middle of my rib cage. It's like a cramp, but it hurts more and feels like there are needles poking into me. The pain/cramp doesn't appear unless I'm walking, and after I stop it goes away in usually about ten minutes; sometimes more, sometimes less.

I don't know what's wrong, and I'd like to be a little educated before I speak to my doctor, or if I should bother.
Appendicitis comes to mind ,the other pain you mention could be a gall bladder problem and possibly the two are connected . In my opinion it would be best to see your doctor..god luck