Pediatrics Community
Specialists

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Specialists

Hi.  I am a loving and concerned grammy of a beautiful 10 month-old granddaughter.  My granddaughter was born with Tetrology of Fallot and Alagille's Syndrome.  She had a surgery in March 2008 to stop her TET spells. She is scheduled for her first heart surgery on 12/18/08 at Stanford University, by a highly reputable surgeon, where she had her first surgery.  

I am planning to relocate to Austin, TX by this time in 2009.  I would like my daughter and granddaughter to join me.  Are there any hospitals in Austin, TX with specialists for my granddaughter's conditions?

grammy48
I'm not from Texas, but I did have to move all over the country when my husband was in the military. I was also born with Tetrology of Fallot and my repair was done in 1983.
Everywhere I lived I was able to find cardiologist that were able to treat my Tetrology. It's one of the most common birth defects and any pediatric cardiologist will be able to handle it.  In a big city like Austin, I'd bet there are more than a few to choose from.

I can't offer any information about the Alagille's Syndrome, sorry.