Pediatrics Community
Speech Delay

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Speech Delay

My son is just over 4 years old.  He exhibits speech delay and temper tantrums.  He is in special education, and receives speech and occupational therapy.  He is by far tje most highly functional child in his class of eight.  We feel that he should be in a "inclusion" class with other normal kids.  His teachers think he needs a small class of special ed.  We feel that much os his problems tems from lack of other child models and late maturation.  What should we do?
I would say to ask to have a conference and speak about the IEP.  If after hearing all sides of the information you still feel the same way I would ask for another specialist to come in and look at the situation.  A fresh set of eyes is a positive.  You know your child best so the teacher mey not see everything that he can do.