Pediatrics Community
Suddenly stopped Walking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Suddenly stopped Walking

My 2 year old son suddenly stopped walking. He was walking normally in the morning and had his breakfast then we he tried to stand up and walk he felt pain in his knee and below and had to crawl.
He has no fever and there is no swelling or bruise on his leg. he can bend his knee normally.
We are very worried. please tell us what to do.
Take him to the paediatrician  or emergency room  ...it might be something serious.
Hi, Thanks for your feedback.
After he finished his breakfast as usual started walking to his room playing with his toys, but suddendly sat down and pointed in his knee area, he again tried to stand up but failed with a lot of pain so that he had to crawl. He had no fever or no lump or any unusual thing on his knee and when I called his doctor he asked me to give him Brufen to ease the pain. the medicine was effective and in the evening he was again able to walk but not as usual. He had no surgery or any deseases related to his bones but last month he caught cold with running nose and it took him almost three weeks to get better.

After one day he started walking again as if there was no pain again.
We took him to a pediatric and he watched my son walking and also did some other physical examination on his both legs. Everything seemed to be normal. So his doctor suggested no more investigation like sonar is needed and asked us not to be worry.

I would like to know if we should persue the matter further.
He is no fine. He walks, runs and play as usual again but we are still a bit worry.
Your feedback is highly appreciated.
my 2 year old daughter has stopped walking . she complains about pain and does not walk. please can u tell me about your son in detail . m very worried. its been 15 days since she walked
after how many days did ur son started walking ? were the doctors able to identify his problem ?
This thread is 4 years old the original poster may not be around . you could send him a PM or note see if he answers.If your daughter was walking and has stopped for 15 days she should be seen by the doctor to find out why, has she a fever, any other symptoms , has she fallen ?
Hello, My son is 3 yr old and he suddenly stopped walking from 20 days and we took him to neurologist they did MRI,blood and urine tests  all came normal. Can you please tell me if you were able to identify the problem with your child and how long did it take to come normal? Thanks for your help!!