Pediatrics Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes and Nose bleeds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Swollen Lymph Nodes and Nose bleeds

My 11 year old daughter has a swollen lymph node on her neck right under her jaw. It started a few months ago. It will swell and be painful for about a week and then go away for a few days just to return again. She has also started having nose bleeds every 2 or 3 days.  Last night her neck was swollen and she was running a little fever so i laid down on the bed beside her to comfort her and take her temp and her nose just started bleeding everywhere.. I'm not sure if the 2 are connected but it does seem odd that the nose bleeds started around the same time as the lymph node swelling.. Any advice would be appreciated!
Swollen lymph nodes mean that the body is actually fighting a battle against an infection. The fact that it actually swells and then goes away means that the infection is persistent and your daughter's body is trying real hard to get rid of that infection. It might be tonsillitis..I'm not sure about the nose bleeds though..I think you better take her to a pediatrician to run some lab tests..
Hope she gets better..
Take care..
Thank you! It ended up being a tooth she had filled a month ago has abscessed... Still not sure about the constant nosebleeds but if they keep up we are going to the pediatrician... Thanks again!