Pediatrics Community
Tremor in 9 month old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tremor in 9 month old

Hi there,
My 9 month old son has a weird tremor in his hands which is particularly noticeable when he is feeding himself. I know that it takes some coordination, but this is quite unusual. His hands visibly tremor as he brings the food closer to his mouth. My friend has a baby of similar age and she commented on it as well. What might this be? I have a 4 year old daughter and she didn't have this. It's not like the usual "aim and miss" type feeding that you expect, it's a definite shudder like movement.

He is a very strong baby, always has been, but cannot sit unassisted.  However he can pull himself up onto furniture. Related?
Tags: tremor
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Sounds like excitement/anticipation of eating his food, does it stop if you touch his hands? This seems to be very normal , children do shudder and tremors can occur in various areas of the body. They can be described as muscle twitches or a perceptive shaking or trembling in the hand or finger. If you are worried by it I think that a check up at the Doctors is always in order if only to reassure you all is well ..
Blank
Thanks for your reply. I took him to my doctor and he is being monitored for the next month or so. If it doesn't improve he'll be referred - neuro/paeds - so fingers crossed it stops. Doctor said it's unusual but then again babies can be weird! So for now just watch and wait and see.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
thats good news at least you have some input...you are right babies do have some weird worrysome habits LOl
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...