Pediatrics Community
Underweight 7 month old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Underweight 7 month old

My daughter was born 7lbs 2oz and 19inches. She is now 12lbs 7 oz and 26inches. She eats all the time,but only gains weight slowly and hasnt lost any weight. We have done testing on her and nothing has came back wrong. I have done alot of reading and research and it all says to look into genetics, but her physican won't even consider it. He reported me to social services and now I have switched physicans. My questions is can babies really grow at there own pace or is there something I can do about this all.
I have a friend who had a baby 2 weeks after I did, both of our 4th. her daughter only gained 1 pound in 2 months and they did all sorts of testing and nothing was showing. Not to be mean sounding, but this family isn't a small family. they kept testing her and the doctors finally realized she is fine and that that is just the way she is going to be. she is now 5 and a lot bigger then my son. my son is only in the 21% for height and weight, but he has a reason, he has a heart issues that caused him at birth not to grow.
I wish you the best of luck and hope this new doctor can be of help