Pediatrics Community
Vigamox drops for Pink Eye in 2 month old???????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

I have a strong feeling that my 2 month old son has pink eye!  I have the eye drops (Vigamox) on hand and was wandering if I could use them on my son.  I have heard a lot about pink eye but never in infants so I'm not sure how to treat an infant with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis).  He has green mucus basically gluing his right eye together.  I have had to wipe it clean multiple times with a wet cloth.  The white of his eye is not red but I have heard of people having pink eye without it actually being red.  

Does anyone know if Vigamox, or any pink eye medication can be used on a 2 month old???????
What if you're misdiagnosing?  That's an awfully young baby to be putting anything into his eyes, especially medication you have for a different person or a different situation.  Please don't give a 2-month old baby any medication stronger than diaper-rash cream without talking to his pediatrician and/or having the baby seen.  

I assume you know the saying "if a person has a hammer, everything looks like a nail."  You're better off tossing old meds once the situation for which they are bought is done, than being tempted by them later and guessing wrong.  Good luck!
I agree with Annie take baby to see the doctor and get some fresh meds for him good luck
If it is not ur childs rx or if it's out of date DO NOT USE IT on ur CHILD, or urself! Take baby to pediatrician and they can help u out safely!
We just got over a case of pink eye in my 2 year old.  He had it for the first time under a year, and yes it is very common in infants and young children.  As the others suggested, I would not use the medication until you have had a proper diagnosis.  Although it certainly sounds like pink eye, other infections or issues are possible, and drops not intended for your child could do more harm then good.  All the best.