Pediatrics Community
What does recurrent strep iinfections ndicate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My son is four and has had strep 5 times since September(in addition to ear infections and pinkeye) and has alternated medicine each time to avoid building up a resistance.  He recently had strep and finished his antibiotic. Within the week he was back on an antibiotic and this week he still has a fever, achy bones, lethargic, stomach pain, swollen glands, and white spots in his throat. The chest x-ray and mono came back negative. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why he keeps getting so sick. As of today he will have been on 10 days antibiotic (with only 6 days off previously) and now has been prescribed for another 10 days. He will be going to an ENT in two weeks but II am really concerned, please help with any information.
I'm glad to hear he will be going to a specialist coming up. For some reason he doesn't seem to be responding to the antibiotics, as it would have gotten rid of the bacteria causing all these problems, but it's not doing it's job. In the meantime before the appointment, I would say to just try to keep up with strict hygiene. Always washing hands, brushing teeth thoroughly, etc. Hope he starts feeling better. good luck.  
I agree that for some reason the antibiotics don't seem to be working and that is also a concern. Thanks for your input and good thoughts:)