Pediatrics Community
What is this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

What is this?

My 1yr old had a little scratch on his lower lip for about a week then I looked at it and it two bumps right under each other and has a honey colored tiny to it. Is this scabes from the cut? Or something else?
To make things clearer it was a scratch now it's 2 bumps right under eachother it's kind of swollen and has a honey colored scab it never leaked or was a blister just a scratch then turned like this and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. Please any help would be good!
This sounds like Impetigo and your boy will need anti biotics , it is contagious and can spread so try to keep him from touching it .Take him to the doctor as soon as you can for treatment ..
I will do that ASAP! I also breastfeed him will it spread to me?
It could do , I would wash/clean the area each time you feed him, doctor may give  you a med aswell ..It is very treatable .If he uses a bottle at all it may be good to express your milk and use a bottle till you get the meds, doc will advise you ..all will be well ...let us know how it goes