Pediatrics Community
What is this?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is this?

My 1yr old had a little scratch on his lower lip for about a week then I looked at it and it two bumps right under each other and has a honey colored tiny to it. Is this scabes from the cut? Or something else?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
To make things clearer it was a scratch now it's 2 bumps right under eachother it's kind of swollen and has a honey colored scab it never leaked or was a blister just a scratch then turned like this and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. Please any help would be good!
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
This sounds like Impetigo and your boy will need anti biotics , it is contagious and can spread so try to keep him from touching it .Take him to the doctor as soon as you can for treatment ..
Blank
I will do that ASAP! I also breastfeed him will it spread to me?
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
It could do , I would wash/clean the area each time you feed him, doctor may give  you a med aswell ..It is very treatable .If he uses a bottle at all it may be good to express your milk and use a bottle till you get the meds, doc will advise you ..all will be well ...let us know how it goes
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...