Pediatrics Community
When should I be concerned about my childs blood sugar without the diag...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When should I be concerned about my childs blood sugar without the diagnosis of DM yet?

My child is 10 years old and has excessive thurst, hunger, and urination. My husband developed DM @ age 11 yrs old. My daughters blood glucose fasting has ranged from 86-120 and her gluose 4 hrs after eating have ranged from 140-165. Should we be followed by a pediactric endocrinologist and should she be started on medication to prevent damage to her Beta cells?