Why does my child overheat so easily?
My 6 year old daughter has always had a very low tolerance to the heat.  For example, when she is active in the heat she gets flushed immediately, sweats a lot for a girl her age, and eventually starts to "shut down".  Last night, she was playing in an indoor playground which was quite warm.  Within about an hour she was miserable and an hour later began vomiting.  We keep her well hydrated, and when she is playing soccer we keep ice packs handy for the back of her neck to try to help regulate her temperature, but it takes her a long time to rebound once she's overheated.

She has GERD as well which she is medicated for, and her Ped GI specialist suggested her endoscopy findings might eventually land her a diagnosis of Celiac Disease, although her blood work was negative.  As we get into the warmer weather this summer, I can't bear watching her suffer alongside her friends who don't have to constantly sit out from warm weather activities.

I want to re-visit the situation with my family doctor and wonder if anyone knows of any conditions where "extreme intolerance to the heat" might be a common symptom?
my son deals with the same thing.  did you ever get an answer to your question?  of so, can you share?
thanks.
Children do get overheated more than adults from the sun and from exercise , they dont sweat as much either , the more dehydrated a child is the more likely to over heat.Give the child  drinks before any activity,  they should drink whether they are thirsty or not .have them play in the shade , and give them more drinks after activity..Heat exhaustion has symptoms of pale sweaty weakness and dizziness,headache and nausea .,any further extreme signs like  rapid breathing and pulse,seizure  call 911