Pediatrics Community
Wont sleep...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Wont sleep...

My daughter wont sleep . Its been a progressive thing that seems to just be getting worse and worse. She is so hyper and active. I dont know what to do. She wont nap and then becomes so aggressive and absorded in her emotions i cant take her anywhere and i just count the seconds till the 6 hours after quiet time is up. I have tried the cry it out for weeks, the slow seperation technique, the turn the light on and read a book till you fall asleep method, co- sleeping, herbs, valerien root, calm child, etc. homeopathy, no naps, etc. I dont know what to do anymore. I never let her eat candy, chocolate, caffine, etc. Very healthy diet. I have done the bedtime routine thing, the schedules, etc. I am getting to depressed and hopeless. I feel so trapped and hopeless. I dont know what to do. She justhad an 21 hour day and still not sleeping (she has been in her room since 7pm ) . What could be the problem!?
I would get her involved in some type of strenuous physical activity to let her use up a lot of her energy, whether it be a sport or running around the back yard. And keep up with a routine, even if it's hard in the beginning, it's always best to try to stick with one. I nanny a boy who is hyper active and he has to go to bed every night at 9 pm, even if he is not tired at all. He just has to lay in bed until he falls asleep. It can be hard, but eventually they should get used to it. Good luck, stay strong.