Pediatrics Community
Yeast infection child

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Yeast infection child

I think my daughter has a yeast infection.  Is it safe to treat her with monostat?  I can't take her to the doctor right now, we don't have insurance.
I have yeast infections.......and mines go away within a 5 day period i have had yeast infection for years so im used to them(im only 17). You can try monostat but everyones body is different just make sure she is not irritated by it.
My  4 month old son has a yeast infection on his genitals. I took him to a naturopath and she prescribed Bentonite Clay. I haven't used it yet, I was doing some research tonight and then I am going to pick some up tomorrow. She said just to dust the diaper area with it and it will clear up within a day or so. I assume it would work for girls too...
She said to get it  a natural foods co op in Everett WA. I imagine you can find it elsewhere, maybe Trader Joes or Fred Meyer. Hope it works for us both!
How old is your daughter? Do you think she has a yeast infection based on redness and itchiness in the vaginal area? You can ask her to not wash with soap and try to put some ordinary yogurt (like Dannon's non-fat plain yogurt) on the area and see if it clears up.   Sometimes sleeping without undies with just plain cotton loose pjs will help air the area and prevent infections.

Make sure she is wearing cotton undies and if she is a baby - she needs to have some time out of the diaper.

Another thing - cut all sugar from the diet and make sure she is getting enough yogurt (plain not sweetened) - in her diet.