Pediatrics Community
a 1 and half yead old still shakes his head..is this normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

a 1 and half yead old still shakes his head..is this normal?

hello..good day..im pretty concern when i started to research about head shaking of infants because our 1 and half year old son is doing head shaking from 5 or 6 mos. and until now he's doing that..im very worried upon reading all the comments here. we once told a doctor ago and he said it's fine.it's just one of the things that babies do..but until now he's still doing it. i asked my husband who is also a doctor but said he is fine..but as a mother im very worried especially im with him all the time and seeing him doing that makes me nervous..his head shaking is involuntarily but when if we say 'dont do that' he will stop for a moment then continue again for a few second until he will stop and then some minutes later he will do it again.. he seemed to do it more when he's playing and before he's going to sleep..im vey worried because i think my son has the longest duration of doing it..he's a very active child and who can catch easily if u teach him something..about his speech he's still bubbling and can only say 'baba' which means daddy as for we are using two languages.. pls do give me some advice..im looking forward to it.. thank u so much..