Pediatrics Community
about my 1 year old
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

about my 1 year old

i have find two little lump each side of her head is there anything to worry about not felt them before
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The lumps are probably lymph nodes.  Both of my sons, my mom, my sister and myself all have lymph nodes that will become enlarged enough to be seen and felt easily from time to time.  Sometimes we are sick and sometimes not.  The lymph nodes act as a sort of filter.  They filter out bacteria and viruses and we have a lot of lymph nodes in our head and neck.  If your daughter has a runny nose or any kind of upper respiratory symptoms this is probably the reason for the swollen lymph nodes.  It is just her body trying to fight off bad germs.  Our pediatrician told us it was a sign that our son's body was doing it's job.  Hope this helps.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Yes I agree with stillamommasgirl its likely they are Lymph nodes ., they do feel swollen when an infection is present , has she been unwell recently ?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...