baby with coughing fits
9 month old with severe coughing fits, temp 100.5 flooding in neighborhood and unable to get baby to hospital, was given an albuterol inhaler for cough two weeks ago, older brother has albuterol nebulizer. Can nebulizer be used on baby?
I have just googled and it appears that the answer is yes it can be used, however I suggest that you google and take a look at what they say , we do have a doctor/expert forum on MH and I think you should put this question up there for a more qualified opinion, good Luck
yes, nebulizers can be used on babies, my nephew has used one since he was about 6 months old, only when he gets sick. when he is sick he has a hard time breathing and nebulizers work wonders for opening up the airway. it is perfectly safe to use one on a 9 month old. if you are still concerned you can call your pediatrician or even the on-call doctor. good luck to you! also have you taken the baby to a doctor recently? severe coughing fits could be a sign of a more serious illness or infection. not to freak you out but its always safer to get to get the child to a doctor as soon as you can.

source: have worked in daycare for 3 years, now a nanny to 4 kiddos including a 4 month old baby
with flooding in the area it may b caused by mold which can b seriouse make sure u and the kids get fresh air and get to the dr as soon as u can if its not safe to get to a dr or hospital u should call the dr and get advise over the phone