Pediatrics Community
blood infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blood infection

My son is 23 months old ..he had measles( witout any fever) when he was 22 months old...soon after some two weeks he had fever which was 101 initially...the doctor gave him meftal-p syrup and an antibiotic zofix.... but his fever kept increasing daily...and on the third night  we saw him in severe chills...his entire body was cold...he had 105 F fever....we gave him meftal p again on the advice of the doc who suspected malaria ..the fever repeated in the intervals of 4 hours ...that too with severe chills....his entire body would be cold before the oncoming of high fever...and even post fever he would be cold as if his BP would be low.....nxt evening he was given one dose of rezin syrup... next morning his blood test was carried out..the result showed no typhoid or malaria fever...doc said it was blood infection... he started giving him ibuprofen and uneek and azee syrups....the fever started taking long intervals and did not shoot too high post this medicine combination....he was given this for 5 days...
I am now in great tension after reading about this blood infection articles on the internet  ....the damage that it can inflict on the body...a 23 month old child....please help me as i cannot figure out the damage to his organs..especially the brain...will my child have any learning disorders? woud his growth be  normal?...my little one has been extraordinaliy sharp for his age prior to this fever....i am extremely worried...how can i help him recover?..what food, care, precautions  be needed?...would he be vulnerable to this same fever again?
pls let me know
although my child is fine on 8th day of his fever....he is still low on energy....not eating anything....
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank