Pediatrics Community
clay colored poop
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

clay colored poop

What is considered clay colored poop? I know that seems silly but our son has had clay/peanut colored poop now for a week. Nothing out of the ordiary with it nor symptoms but I thought the color was a tad odd. The only other change but we're not sure if it's him just wanting to go outside all the time is he only eats 1/4th of the food he usually eats. It's so unlike him. He just rather play than eat.

Should I call the peds with a 'sample'?
Related Discussions
14 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1417529476
What foods has he been eating, does he drink a lot of milk, more often than not its food/drink related .how old is he, has he any other symptoms any stomach ache, the color doesnt seem too odd ..
Blank
See I didn't know what they considered "clay" color :) In our area, the clay is a yellow/peanut butter color. Yet when I typed in "clay" in Google it looks like perhaps they mean grey to white.

God he's a milk-a-holic. No other symptoms really. He'll say he has a tummy ache but he also agrees with us that monkeys drove him in an airplane. He's at that age where asking his opinion/symptoms aren't too reliable.
Blank
535822_tn?1417529476
It could be the milk as some children do have an intolerance, I would cut back on it ,sometimes too much milk also prevents them from eating well as milk fills them up give him water and juice , if its a milk intolerance it could give him tummy ache ..
Blank
Possibly. He supposedly had a milk protein allergy as an infant but by 1 years old when we tried real milk, he didn't have the same symptoms (excessive gas, blood in stool). We'll see how it goes. I did start cutting out his before bed milk.
Blank
535822_tn?1417529476
You can replace the milk with some weakened down juice milk before bed can also make them hypa and not sleep so well ..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank