Pediatrics Community
diaper rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

diaper rash

I'm a ftm and my daughter has a diaper rash. I put destin on her when I change her n try to change her every 2 hrs or so. Except at night.  Instead of getting better it looks worse.  I was gonna go to the dr but theres a blizzard.  Any other ideas to help until we can get to the dr???
What kind of Desitin? I have no faith in the creamy because the amount of zinc is low and it doesnt stay on the area. It may be more than a diaper rash if original Desitin didn't clear it up. It could be a yeast infection rash and that usually requires a prescription from the Dr. Best thing to do is change her as soon as you notice she's wet. Use wash clothes to wipe instead of baby wipes. Also give her a bath and then let her lay without a diaper for a while ( I put a towel under her just in case) Hope this helps :)
great advice tomorrow! when i let my little one have tummy time, it was usually naked time too! its a good idea to air them out. rashes don't disappear right away either, give it a few days to clear up. you could also try another diaper cream. we really love skinfix. you don't need a huge amount and it works really well.
hope that clears up for you soon.
keep their tushy dry and that should really help
Thanks ladies!!!  I will try both ideas :-D
You can also try Vaseline.
I always used a product called butt paste. It is high in zinc and works really well.
Butt paste is good. Otherwise can also try a&d ointment. And air dry!
A natural remedy that always works is bread soda mixed with water till its a paste it takes all of the sting out of a rash. Also you could try canestin cream and rinsing her bum with cooled boiled water! Keeping her nappy off will also help and using cotton wool and water when changing her! Hope this helps
I'm not sure how old your baby is, but I noticed with my first that he got a rash when I changed from rice cereal to oatmeal cereal at around 6 or 7 months....the doctor did not think that food could cause a rash like that, but I tried everything else (like what was stated above) but nothing helped. And as soon as I changed back to the rice the rash went away.  Maybe it could be from something weird recently added in her diet (or in your breastmilk).

I have given him oatmeal since (he's 5 now) without any issues or food allergies. I WA thinking that maybe his tummy couldn't handle it just yet...
2nd time she's a month old and i did notice when I ate pepperoni pizza she seemed to poop a lot more than when I didn't eat it.

Thanks for the other suggestions!!!